Monday, January 2, 2012

January 02, 2012




Hey Mom--
Quite the little entrepreneur? Ya I probably spelled that word very wrong, but give me a break. It's hard even when you speak English all the time.

Check out the email I sent Dad. I have changes. I will be a zone leader. Probably with a latin.

Baby Bumbles huh? Well I can hook you up with thousands of Chilean women who know how to sew marginally well and can work for very little money. In fact, the people who you guys met when I called the other day work in that. They work in the traveling market(feria). They make and sell lingerie. haha. But they know how to sew very well...

That's super fun that Matt gets to see a YouTube video of the family. I bet his mission president is a lot more lax than President King. Then again, I am in South America.....a little less civilized than the French Riviera.

Well this week went pretty well. I got better and was able to work. However, I spent very little time in my own sector. Because I had planned on doing divisions(splits) with the Elders in my district the previous week, but couldn't because I was sick, I had to do 3 divisions this past week. I first went to El Parron with Elder Bateman. Then I went to Parque Combarbalá with Elder Higgs(ZL), then I went to El Parron again with Elder Molina. It was a little much....

We had a really great lesson however while I was in El Parron. We taught 3 adults, all siblings. 2 brothers and a sister. The youngest is about 40. They were super attentive and asked lots of questions. It was a miracle because Elder Molina had been trying all change to try and get into that house, but just couldnt seem to do it. Then I showed up, and the lady invited us in immediately, and we ended up teaching them for over an hour and half. Lots of really great questions. When we were trying to rap it up, one brother, named Jose, made the comment....¨You guys really answered ALL the questions I had, everything makes senses now, I have always respected your religion because I have lots of friends who are bishops, but, now I kind of put your religion on a pedastal. You guys really are leagues ahead of everyone else. I know baptism is a really big decision, and it would involve my whole family, but I would certainly be interested in working towards that...¨

You know what the most amazing part was? Neither Elder Molina nor I mentioned baptism once in the lesson. He made his own conclusions. He basically figured everything out in his head, realized that baptism is the start, and committed himself to learning more and involving his family. We left with smiles. Super cool

Well I have some serious stuff to pack. And I need to send a lot of junk to people. So, I better finish this.

I loved seeing everyone for Christmas, even though I felt poopy and was sweating to death. I can't believe how big the family is. I am going to have so many little guys to play with in Septiembre.

Have a great week, and find yourself some little chinese ladies.

Love you

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment