Tuesday, January 31, 2012



I am really upset this week. But it's not because we had a bad week. In fact, this week went super well. It's because this morning I was looking over my camera, looking for a way to change my photos so that I can start sending them again. While dinking around like an idiot, I deleted ALL the photos I have. Yes. Every single photo from the mission. Now the only photos I have are the photos I have sent to you guys through email. SO, I hope you have saved my emails. I am so livid right now its not even funny. Its been a long time since I got mad.

Well, like I was saying...this week was actually pretty good. Yesterday the 3 baptisms from last week got confirmed. On Tuesday we taught an 18 year old kind named Henry. He has been coming to the ward mutual(this is my first ward that does mutual) every week for almost a year. NOBODY told us he wasnt a member. Well we taught him, it went well, and he wants to get baptized. The only obstacle will be his family, because they seem to be RE-catholic.

We also taught Marcelo(37ish). Since the first time we taught him 3 weeks ago, he hasn't missed church. He keeps all his commitments, and is trying to quit smoking. He even showed up to church yesterday in a white shirt. Here's the catch. We found him through his girlfriend. She is 23, baptized when she was 9, doesnt know ANYTHING about the church. She smokes heavily, and has some mental problems. Marcelo is really good, so on Sunday when he woke up early to get ready for church, his girlfriend Karen said she didn't wanna go. He threw some choice words in her direction(told her that if she doesn't go to church, God won't be willing to help her out, or bless her daughter). So, Karen came to church, in very short shorts and a tank top. Not modest in the least. They sat next to Elder Barco and I. hahahahahaha. It was awkward. But it at least showed the faith that Marcelo is developing.

We taught a class in a Zone conference this last week. 3 zones got together with President King in Maipu. Sister King took a photo of us while we taught our class, so I will forward it to you. Part of the class was a little demonstration game thingy....it included grapes and long spoons....

Today we just relaxed for our P-day. We made completos, which were really good. I love avacado. I am going to make some yummy completos when I get home. I am working on acquiring recipes of the best chilean food. Speaking of chilean food. I ate beans or corn almost every day this past week. And we aren't talking beans or corn as a side dish. Nope. Straight bean mush or corn mush for lunch. It's been rough...

Elder Barco is taking a pill right now called ´the bomb´ to try and kill some possible parasites he has. Hopefully it works. I don't need the bomb, thanks to all those beans I ate this week....

Hopefully I can get home in time for the Fall semester. I am going to know more on Friday, because I will talk with President King.

have a great week and don't eat beans

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment