This week went awesome. The baptisms went through. President King and his family came. We got to eat lunch after with one of the women who got baptized. Next up---her husband. He is a tough cookie but we are working on him.
My companion and I cooked and relaxed in the house today. It's nice having a big house. Well---big by my standards. I cleaned my bathroom, cut the lawn with branch trimmers, and killed lots of ants with the hose and bug spray. We went to the store and bought stuff for french toast, eggs, chorillana(google it...yumy) etc. I am satisfecho beyond all means.
On Friday my companion went to the temple to watch his brother get sealed. I didn't get to go because I had to teach a class to the mission leaders.(all district and zone leaders, plus President and his asistents). Lame. But I still had fun, and it was a great experience for my companion. He wanted his brother to go on a mission, but getting sealed is good too. Ask Caitlin for more on the story.
On Sunday, the old couple that was going to get baptized called us and told us they were in the hospital because the wife got really sick. We prayed a lot and reassured them that they would still be able to get baptized that very day if they had faith. At 1:45, I went alone with President King to pick them up in their house. They were ready to go and waiting. What faith. It was a fun today, but a little hectic.
We put another baptismal date this week. Had some really cool lessons. One was with a woman that is bi-polar, basically anorexic, chain smoker....etc. We taught the word of wisdom from the get go. It went over well. Her husband is super receptive.
What else happened??? I dont remember. Too much.
I am doing good. Loving my sector and companion. The ward is super awesome. Getting used to the extra responsibilites. Hating the heat.
If you could find out when the semester starts at Utah State, that will play a big factor in weather I stay or not. I think last year it started the 24th of Agosto. I dont remember though. If I am not mistaken, My release date is the 11th of September.
You can do the math and see if I could be home in time. If not. Meh
I wanted to send photos, but I am waiting for my little converter to come in the mission mail system. It should be here on friday. That way next week I can send photos.
This week I read in the last chapters of Mosiah. I liked very much the words of the sons of Mosiah. They couldn't even stand the idea of their brothers, the Lamanites, dying in their sins. They wanted with all their heart to serve the Lord and bring salvation, even to their enemies. They knew what I now am starting to understand. The worth of souls is great in the sight of God. He loves us, and doesn't want us to suffer. I know this church is true and our faithfulness to the Lord makes us happy.
Love you guys. Send me more snow photos
Elder Charlie Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment