Monday, January 16, 2012

January 16, 2012

Street named after me

Greetings
Careful talking about release dates and post mission life. Its scary.
I am sure Trent loves the office. It would be right up his alley. Matt was destined to be an AP. He just has the personality for it. Hopefully everything there in Francy Pants is going well.
Yes. I would like to live in the doll house. No. I havent heard about release dates. But I think its the 11th of September. I haven't asked President about school. I will this week. If I live in the doll house, I want to live with friends. But I don't know what anyone else is planning.....
This week Elder Barco and I had lots of fun. Lots of lessons. Lots of young men coming out and working with us. We also had 3 investigators pass their baptismal interviews. They will all be baptized next Sunday. We got some others coming up too in the last week of Jan. and first week of Feb.
On Thursday President King came to our sector to work with us. He brought a friend named brother Newman from Elk Ridge. Brother Newman served as mission president in Nebraska. He doesn't speak spanish. He just came to visit his friend President King. It was a fun couple of hours. I have never worked with my own Pres. before....
He is also going to come to our baptisms on Sunday.
We had a successful zone meeting on Wednesday. The new initiatives were really good. It was fun teaching em..

E Barco has 18 months. He has been here in 5 de abril for 1 change. this is his second.
2 districts in the zone. Each with 8 missionaries.
16 missionaries in total
I attend the ward Pajaritos. It's right by the metro station called Las Parcelas. It's on the street Santa Rosa
E Barco and I live alone in a house with 2 bedrooms.

We have several young men who work with us during the week. There are 3 young men with mission calls.
the ward has 3 other missionaries in the field.
I haven't done splits yet. We did teach the zone meeting on Wednesday though...
Lots of time to ZL stuff and lots of time to the sector. We get a good mix. We make time.

I am loving Mosiah right now. I also really liked what I read this week in Ephesians.
I have little time and still need to go renew my chilean visa today.

Thanks for all the updates.
Know that I love this work and keep you guys in my prayers.

Elder Van Dyck

No comments:

Post a Comment