Sunday, July 1, 2012

May 21, 2012

Hey Mom,
I realize every week that writing is getting harder and harder. I just have no desire to do it. haha Well Elizabeth Parada got baptized yesterday. It has been probably the coolest conversion story I have experienced in my mission. She is pretty cool. In the photo you can see her 4 kids and her sister. Her sister is the older one. She is a nurse and is going to the U.S. to work in a hospital. She hopes to stay permanently.  

On Saturday night when we went to bed, I wasnt feeling to good. I was laying in my bed with the lights out and felt like the world was spinning. I was really dizzy. Then when I woke up I was dizzy and naseous(sp?). All day Sunday I was feeling pretty turdy. It made the whole baptismal service thing less fun for me. But it was still great. She got all her family there. Her dad who had a stroke came, her mom, her 2 sisters who hate eachother, her husband, her 4 kids, and even her 2 neighbors. And her mother in law. And some more peeps to I think. The point is she invited everyone from her broken/hate filled family and they all came. Pretty cool. 
 Her husband Julio still refuses to leave the house. Thats annoying. He is the only reason that her kids still arent getting baptized. When he goes, or gets struck by lightning, they will all get baptized.    We also had some other investigators in church, and more investigators that came to the baptism. That was good. We had 4 of our own investigators in the baptism, plus the whole family of Elizabeth.    We ate lunch at her house after the baptism with ALL her family. She asked us when we were going to pass by the house again. We said we could Wednesday, but she said she couldnt because she had a Relief Society activity that night. Elder Madsen and I were okay with that...haha

Today we did a BBQ as a zone. It was alright. My stomach is still weak so I didnt eat. An argentino in our zone brought blood sausage. Its gross.    My new electric shaver is awesome. I love it. It was worth it.
Everything is good here. Hope you guys are all doing good. 

love  Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment