Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 6, 2012



   My week went good. Nothing too out of the ordinary. In Concilio at President Kings house we ate ´Big Ed´s´. I dont know what that is. It was just 2 chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream inbetween. It was pretty gringo.

This week was great. We had lots of lessons with members present. Our Bishop got to know some of our baptismal dates. Some investigators came to church for the first time. We also had Concilio in Presidents house. I havent laughed so much in a long time.

  Elder Madsen and I got the phone call informing us about changes. He and I will stay together another change. There are only 4 people in our zone that are leaving. Elder Holton, Elder Diestra, Elder Farias, and Sister Vidal. The rest will stick around


  I am starting to realize how bizarre it's going to be going back home. I speak really poorly in English when I talk with people. I make up words. I also realized I am going to be weirded out by all the open space. Everything here is more cramped, narrow, miniature, or compressed. Streets are narrow. Houses are narrow. Cars are smaller. Imagine living in a house just as wide as our couch.(the big couch in the family room). The average house here is just wide enough to fit that couch in and have a little narrow space to walk past. I plan on rolling in the carpet like a dog and running INSIDE because I can.

  My current sector has some really rich parts. I say really rich, but its really not that rich. But it is the only sector that I have been in that has a section of houses without fences and barred off windows. But thats only in a small section (5%) of my sector. The other 95% has fences and barred off windows.

   This sector is definately the most stable I have ever had. People are pretty normal.

There is a kid who is like 8 years old that works right outside this internet cafe I am in. He juggles in the street when the traffic light goes red. He just came in and used some coins he got to buy candy. hahaha. I bet you have never seen that before...

   8 pm on Sunday sounds good to me. That shouldn't be a problem. If it is a problem I will let you know. I won't be doing it from a members home though. President didnt give us the okay this time. If there are any problems....let me know. My options for doing it are Saturday, Sunday, or Monday. I don't care when.

  We´ll see you soon.

Elder Van Dyke




No comments:

Post a Comment