Sunday, July 1, 2012

June 4, 2012

 Hey all--
    Just got finished with our zone activity. I am in my first zone Republica right now. We came here to go to Santa Lucia feria and then go bowling. We gave Sister King and her son Scott a call and invited them. Scott just finished his mission in Concepcion and is hanging with his parents til the 13th. It was fun--ish. I was more interested in dunkin donuts next door.
      We went to Concilio on Friday. It was pretty good. We ate hamburgers and got rightfully chewed out for not doing enough contacting. I am happy to say that Elder Madsen and I were above average. Dodged a bullet...
     Elizabeth  is doing good. We gave her a blessing on Friday or Thursday. She was sick and stressed. On Sunday she got confirmed. She asked me to do it. It was cool because I have never confirmed anyone before. She is super bomb. Her husband Julio supposedly has left the house. Elizabeth said he was out on Sunday. But, come Sunday, we went by the house and he was still there. Maybe he left after we left....who knows.
  We are teaching the Columbian boyfriend of an active 24 year old member. We teach him in her families house because he lives up in the rich part of Santiago. He is a little nuts, but is actually progressing well. He goes to church without fail or complaint, he is reading the Book of Mormon from cover to cover( I think he is in 2 Nephi now), and he always has crazy questions. Not irrelevant, just WAY deeper than any typical person who knows nothing.
     I bought some souvenirs from Santa Lucia today. I thought long and hard about what would be good to remind me of Chile. I ended up getting my nose and eyebrow pierced, I bought really revealing clothing for my future girlfriend, and I bought as many cigarrettes as the law will allow me to at one time. I figured I´d keep my souvenirs really realistic. haha
    We read in the metro that 40% of all Chileans ages 13-14 smoke. Thats the highest in the world in case you wanted to know...
     This week we had one of those lessons that you just DREAD. We took a sister from the ward and her daughter(21) to an appointment with Nubia and Maria Jose(21). It was a train wreck. The sister from the ward killed it. Just about ended it in an argument. During the lesson I realized that in the past 2 years or so, I really have learned a lot about HOW to teach. Some people just dont get it....
      I read in 2 Nephi 4 towards the beginning of the week. I love Nephi´s resolve to never let sin get him again. I dont know what he says in English, but in Spanish he tells his soul to ¨WAKE UP! and dont give any chances to his enemy (satan). Super good stuff.
     Changes are going to be the 20th of June. You guys will know if I have changes or not on the 19th.
Dad-keep me updated on the presidential race and also the NBA playoffs
Mom and gang-have fun in St. George.
 
Love you all
Elder Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment