Twas a decent week. No complaints. Our investigators will be baptized on the 24th, but I wont be here. I will leave on the 19th. Nothing is guaranteed, but ya its basically guaranteed. President today in my email from him said ¨there is a new adventure waiting for you¨. I cant help but wonder if I am going to train my last 2 changes. If I do, I will have to go to a new sector that neither of us are familiar with and do it blind. aka ¨white wash¨. Hopefully tha'ts not the case.
We had peeps in church as usual. It was good because we got a young 20 year old girl to go named Camila. We taught her the importance of keeping the sabbath day holy and committed her to come. She didn't complain or have any doubt. She showed up Sunday by herself and stuck around for all 3 hours. Pretty cool. I think she made some friends in the YSA too. Lets hope...
On Saturday Chile played against Venezuela in soccer. The whole country shut down. Everyone got drunk. The streets went crazy when chile scored. They won 2 to nothing. Glad that's over
We had a pretty cool lesson with a girl named Daniela this week. We found her a few weeks ago but kind of lost contact. Mostly because we have lots of other peeps. But we decided to give her a call during our late night planning session and she picked up. She started crying and mentioned things weren't going to good for her. So we set up the appointment, went, and it was really good. Hopefully she progresses
Oh ya. I got sick starting last Monday night. I had a sore throat, lots of mucus, cough, runny/stuffy nose. It is just finally starting to clear up now. I no longer have throat issues, just a plugged nose. I have been getting sick lots lately it seems like. We still worked everyday though.
Today we played soccer indoors in the stake center. It was pretty fun-ish. I got emails from Steve and Ren. Steve gets home in 6 weeks, and Ren too I think.
I wouldn't mind going to Oregon if its possible. If its too far, I think the Sawtooth Mountains again would be fun. So would Northern Idaho (cordelane, bitter-roots, etc)
I don't wanna think about all the stuff I wanna do when I get home yet. I will probably just wanna see everyone, relax, say hi to friends, and get working. I have said it before and I will say it again...I just wanna work.
This week in our companionship language study, we read section 130 of D&C. I love verses 18-19, which can be easily altered to say the following:
18 Whatever principle of aintelligence we attain unto in this MISSION, it will rise with us in the LIFE AFTER THE MISSION
19 And if a person gains more aknowledge and intelligence in this MISSION through his bdiligence and obedience than another, he will have so much the cadvantage in the world to come.
Its pretty fun to change scriptures and make them more trunky. hahaThanks for your support. no more trunky questions unless they are 100% necessary.
love you
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment