Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, 2011

Well Hi Everyone---
Real quck updates on the work in Fernandez Albano. We had some great lessons with progressing investigators. We were going to put some more baptismal dates with some people but then things went to pot. One of our best investigators named Isabel told us on Tuesday that she and her daughter were going to move on Sunday. She was having problems with her boyfriend. We were bummed because we were going to lose them. But our prayers were answered and we ran into her yesterday. She worked things out with her boyfriend and they decided to stay. We ended up teaching her and it was really good.

I did divisions with Elder Molina from my district. He is a cool guy. Taught himself English before he came to the mission. He is from Honduras. We had a really good day together in my sector. My companion went with the companion of Elder Molina and didn't have such a good day. He had nothing good to say actually. Haha. It was his first divisions though so he will get used to them.
Another investigator named Iris was going to get baptized this past week. She was going to get married the day before. Thanks to her dumb dumb of a boyfriend(who is a returned missionary by the way), they wont be getting married. She still wants to get baptized really bad though so we are looking for somewhere for her to live. She has to move out. Keep her in your prayers.
My companion Elder Tyler and I are doing well. He is slowly starting to understand more. Sometimes cultural differences are obvious...like at lunch yesterday. Almost offended a member, had I not been there to save the situation. Yikes.

We had a special visit to our mission from Elder Zeballos. He is in the Chile area presidency. It was one of the best conferences I have been to in the mission. His wife was really good too. I just read an email that we will have a surprise General Authority from Salt Lake coming to our mission on Saturday the 5th. Wahoo. Should be cool. I will let you know next week what happened.

This week during the sacrament meeting the primary did the program. It's funny on every continent. We had 3 less active members come to church. That was a nice reward for our week's work. We also had an investigator there. It was a bounce back from the crappy week we had last week. We also had a record 72 people in church.

I mentioned to Kiera that we had a ward Halloween party on Friday. I won't re-tell the story in detail, but basically this is what happened. It was supposed to be at 8pm. Our investigators got there at 8:45 and almost NO ONE was there. They left within 15 minutes. The rest of the ward showed up in classic chilean style at 9:30 or 10. Thanks for nothing.

Ps....as usual sacrament meeting started about 15 minutes late. ugh

Cant wait to get to know all these little kids in another 10 months or so. Its gonna fly by.

I love you guys. Stay safe and enjoy the coldish weather.




con cariƱo,

Elder Charles Bennion Van Dyke......oooo that sounds official

No comments:

Post a Comment