Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17, 2011

Pres/Sis King with Elders Tyler and Van Dyke

Hi Everyone--
Well this week comes with lots and lots of news. I will try to write in an orderly fashion.

Last Tuesday I went to the changes meeting in Maipu and lost Elder Lowry. He got sent to Lo Espejo in Ochagavia with Elder Hansen. They are doing great together. Then, as soon as the changes meeting ended, those of us who were going to train new missionaries hopped in the mission vehicles and went to the temple.

We got there, did a session together, then all walked around Providencia and ate at Subway. It was awesome. Providencia and everything to the east from there is NOT the Chile I know. VERY different.

Tuesday night I went on divisions with Elder Fuhriman(long time mission friend) and Elder Nielson. They both got greenies. We worked as a trio in the sector Prima de Rivera in Los Cerillos. It was a fun night. I forgot how awkward trios are. We slept there that night.

Wednesday we went to Maipu around 430 to pick up our fresh greenies. I will be training Elder Alexander Troy Tyler from Logan. Yet another Utahn. Woot. He is a cool guy. Likes baseball. He knows Seth Van Dyke.

Elder Tyler had a very strange first few days of missionary work thanks to a huge celebration in the futbol stadium Santa Laura, celebrating 50 years of missionary work in Chile. On Friday we went all the way there in metro and by foot to practice singing as a choir of missionaries. Then Saturday we spent all day from 4-11pm in the stadium. Pics and photos to come.

I didnt know that the Rancagua mission was invited to the celebration....BUT. I ran into a certain old friend. It was pretty awesome. Got to give him a big chilean hug and snap a photo. Wanna know who it was? check out the photos.

As missionaries we sang part of ¨I´ll go where you want me to go¨. It was cool.

Somewhere in this crazy week we got to do some missionary work. We had a really good lesson with a young kid named Diego. He is doing well and finally decided to say a prayer. It was bomb.

Iris is progressing toward baptism, but I am concerned about her marriage papers. We have an appointment tonight in which we plan on finding out the details. Things are set for the 29th of Octubre.

Waldo disappeared this past week. It stinks. But we talked to him by phone the other night and we will see him this week.

Isabel and her family are doing well. She has been a little down lately because of an emotional disorder but really craves the Spirit because she recognizes its influence in her life.

Well thanks to everyone for writing. I love you all. Have a great week.

Elder Van Dyke

Me with Elder Trent Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment