Tuesday, November 8, 2011

November 7, 2011

Hey Mom!!!!!!

This week was pretty cool. We got a special visit to the mission from Elder Steven E. Snow from the presidency of the 70. He and his wife gave great talks. So did Elder Richards and his wife from the Chilean Area Presidency. The best part was that the whole mission was there. That shows you how small my mission really is. On less than a week's notice we got the whole mission in one place without any problem. It was fun seeing old friends. It's weird to think that I am almost one of the oldest missionaries in the mission now. There are only 2 groups of missionaries older than me. There is a group that goes home in March. and a group that goes home 6 weeks before me. Other than them, I am at the top. Our mission is really young right now. That could explain why I am on my 4th straight change of training, and probably going to start a 5th change of training in 2 more weeks.

Let me know if you decide to get the screws out of your back or not. What will that surgery imply?

You are right about the flakiness in our sector. Sunday was pretty frustrating for that very same reason. However, after we had a really good first lesson with a guy named Claudio and his wife, the Spirit told me that the crappy times I was going through had a reward at the end. I have never felt that God is a God of pure punishment. I can testify that he never gives us something we can't overcome, and he always compensates 10 times more.

yes I do try and keep in contact with old families and converts. Its tough sometimes to find time to sit down and write though. I will write everyone this week though for sure.

Well this week a member named Nibaldo and his wife Pamela got sealed in the temple. I am so happy for them. They hope to get to Utah in the years to come. Nibaldo speaks english. Pamela understands it perfectly and speaks a little. they would be a great addition to Kaysville. There are some old missionaries that have been here in Fernandez Albano that are trying to line them up there in Utah. They won't beat me home, but I think someday they will get there.

We finally have an official date for the baptism of Iris. It will be the 3rd of December. So this is what will happen. She will get married on the 1st. Baptized the 3rd. And on the 6th she hopes to go to the temple for the first time to get baptized for her grandma and grampa. She is awesome. I didn't even suggest that. She asked us if she could do it. Incredible right ?

Que tengas una semana linda

Con amor

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment