Thursday, October 6, 2011

October 3, 2011

Stupid Human tricks
Listening to Gen Conference

This past week was pretty great. We are teaching a family of 3 right now that are really good. The mom is so stinking hilarious. She is like the latin version of a dumb blonde. The other day we went over to check up on a reading assignment. The first thing she said was ¨you know what Elder, I didn't understand ANYTHING!¨. She repeated herself like 3 times and then finally explained ¨but there was 1 part that I really liked about Alma 32....¨. Turned out that 1 part was all she really needed to understand.

We also are working with a guy named Waldo. He was a freaking miracle. We actually have an appointment with him tonight. Hope it goes well. We are looking to put an exact date for his baptism. We also have 2 other baptismal dates. One is for October 29th and the other for Nov 12. The one on the 29th is going to be dependent on a marriage though. I frankly hope she doesn't get married and instead just leaves the guy.

Elder Lowry has been doing better............ish. That is to say, the bug he had left. However, he still has pretty constant stomach pain and diahrea. We are going to a gastro specialist doctor on Friday. Hopefully we can get it all figured out.

Our area is doing well now. Its producing more than most other sectors in La Cisterna zone. I think it helps that NO work was done previously, so its kind of fresh. Well, not THAT fresh, but for our mission standards its pretty fresh. Sectors are so small here its not uncommon to hear someone say ¨hey you idiots knocked my door last week¨. haha

We gotta watch conference in the stake center. We had our own little private english room. Got lots of notes. Loved it. Conference is like a vacation in the mission. Or at least as close as it gets. Photos should be included today if I can manage to out-smart a chilean computer.

Hmm. what else. We went to Santa Lucia as a zone today. Its like the 10000th time I have been there. But missionaries who are going home always wanna buy stuff, and new missionaries enjoy it. I marveled at how BIG Santiago is. Its seriously huge. Buildings as far as you can see in both directions. Pretty incredible. I think it would be a lot of fun to live here and work. As long as I can live in the gringo part.

I hope you have a great time in St. George. I realized the other day.....WHERE DID 1 YEAR GO???? ah. at least there is 1 more to go

Love you

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment