Okay so now onto the real stuff. That would be crazy if Ren and Taylor are back together again. That's actually just a little gay. Sounds like you rednecks had fun at the derby. Thats a pretty fun family tradition that seems to be taking root. I support it.
This week we really got to know the new missionary who lives with us and is the companion to Elder Crist. My companion and I have had some good laughs this week thanks to Elder Burk. He is from Arizona, can't remember which part.
USU football must not be too bad I guess? That's good. Maybe they can actually get some revenue from the games so that they can just use that money for the basketball team. I never went to a single USU football game in the year I was there. Meh.
Elder Lowry and I are still getting a long really well. Today for P-Day we just went to a church with a bunch of missionaries from the zone and tried flying kites. Chileans are amazing at flying kites. We all failed miserably. Then we just kind of kicked a soccer ball around and set up the slack line. Really relaxed.
I have a favor to ask of you. If you could give someone with technology skills the following command, it would be greatly appreciated: I need the album called ´a hymn revival¨ or something along those lines by a band named ¨the lower lights´. They take hymns and make em super sweet awesome. My companion has it but he only has it on his iPod, which makes it impossible to transfer. So. The Lower Lights. Any music from them. Please.
Also any classical music that is just like....Mozart, Beethoveen, Handel. Etc. I really like the Messiah too.
E Lowry and I put our focus on finding this week. We were blessed to find 5 new investigators and to have taught again some people we found last week. We are slowly accumulating a base of people to teach. One person who I feel would be really good to share about was a guy named Hector. We had a really long street contact with him last week. He just rambled and rambled about garbage like evolution and how men made up the idea of God. At the end of the contact he agreed to have us come over the next week. If you have been a missionary for more than a day, you know its not at all likely this man will actually be there the day he said. I would say 40 percent or more of the first time appointments we set up end up falling through. BUT. Hector was actually there. Not only was he there, but he had been expecting us. We went in and shared about our purpose on this earth as children of God. In the beginning he did his normal thing, yak yak yak about junk and never give us a chance to talk. But we realized near the end that his whole countenance and manner changed. He let us talk. He was listening attentively. It was pretty cool. His wife was cool too.
We had some other really cool appointments. We used a woman named Iris who is not yet baptized to help us teach a couple. She was awesome. Shared a simple but powerful testimony about reading the scriptures everyday. What else? We were invited to ward council. Yikes. Some issues with ward leaders. Mostly the Bishop. But luckily the other ward leaders kept their cool. Most everyone who was present seemed to be really dedicated to helping the ward improve. Just so you guys know, its a Ward of about 45 people on average. This week we had 46. The chapel is nice. Very well maintained. WAAAYYY to big for such a small ward. That's common though.
Elder Lowry and I also shared with a John and his wife Janette. They are both members. Janette for many years and John got baptized last year. They are on the brink of divorce. But. The lesson rocked and they are commited to family prayer. I think they will make it.
Random update: ITS BLOODY HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been sweating my nards off this past week. Short sleeves are back. Summer is already in swing. This climate is nuts.
Sé que por medio de la expiación podemos ser limpios del pecado. Sé sin duda que las familias pueden ser eternas y que Jesucristo nos dejó el camino por lo cual podamos lograrlas. Es mas bacan ser un misionero y tener la oportunidad de compartir este mensaje con Chilenos.
Have a great week everyone. Hope to have a new niece. Stay safe
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment