Thanks to everyone for all the updates. It was great reading all your letters. I am going to pull a fast one and just write one big letter to everyone. Unless you had questions of course, those are always answered...
Well this week was one of those where everything looked like it was going to be awesome, but turned out to be anything but. We did a lot of excited walking from one appointment to the next, only to find that people werent there or were busy. Quank. But we still saw some great things.
Pablo is 13, for whoever asked. His parents are now fully active. They are solid now. We did however have to move Pablo's baptismal date from the 23 to the 30th of July. Just because they are going out of town for winter vacations. But, he is still awesome and excited for the big day.
Two of our investigators Erik and Paola, a young couple, are doing great. They were on the brink of divorce. Erik told my companion and I the other night that he and Paola had a long chat in which they discussed how they both felt when they were with us. They came to the conclusion that when we are there, and for a time after we leave, their lives are much better. We are just working now on helping them understand the Spirit, and all its many roles and blessings.
Our English classes are going great. I still cant believe we have an investigator teaching them to other investigators. Its the bomb.
So several funny things happened this week in Los Heroes...but I just wanted to share one
A few nights ago Elder Crane and I were in the sector walking past Lider, the chilean equivilant of Wal Mart. He needed to use the bathroom, and, seeing how that's the only public bathroom in the sector, we went for it. I was just chilling outside the door waiting for a solid 10 or 15 minutes. Then, all of the sudden, I hear a little ´ELDER!´. I walk in to find out what's wrong. Hahahaha. As is normal in chilean bathrooms, no TP! So, I had to cruise to the back of Lider and buy some. That was a strange 5 minutes alone. I felt realllllyyyyy awkward. Anyways. We both got a good kick out of that...
The other story I wanted to quickly tell comes from yesterday, at church. We just got out of sacrament meeting, and one of the sisters in the ward comes and beckons us to the door. She then brings in some guy who was outside the fence. He was dressed like a thug, with a shaved head, lots of earrings, and thuggin clothes. He starts talking to us about how he has always been interested in us as Mormons, and how we are such a ´good wave´. Haha. He was HAMMERED! He had been out late Saturday night, and I dont think he even knew where he was. But, in the end he ended up coming to the young adults class, and then we did a special class just for him for last hour. hahaha. I am sure he woke up the next day with a big headache
I know that this is the work of the Lord. I love being a missionary and finding His children that are waiting. I love in the Bible, and BOM were it says that Jesus ´astonished´ the people with His teachings. That's the goal we now have as a mission. It's cool.
Have a great week everyone!
Love
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment