Monday, May 2, 2011

May 02, 2011

Changes have brought me to...........Maipu!!!!!
Maipu is where the mission home is, and the biggest zone in the mission. My sector is called Los Heroes, and has only been open for 6 months. It had been closed for a number of years, but just got reopened to missionaries. It was formerly a sector for Sister missionaries....which means....its really nice. Reallllyyy nice. I have no apartments here in this sector. I only have nice homes and clean streets. It looks like Gringolandia. Not only that, its really really tranquilo..
Nothing bad happens here. Its like Suburbia.
The ward here has an average of 80 or 90 people. The testimony meeting this week was really great. I could feel how strong this ward is. They are really willing to help us. A big turn around from my last ward. I am really excited to be here. As was mentioned last week I think, I am now senior comp. My companion is Elder Hall from Bancroft Idaho. We were in the same group in the MTC, we actually lived together in the same room. In FACT, we were actually companions for a short time when everyone was going home. We both were soooo excited when our faces popped up next to each other on the screen. I am loving Maipu, loving the sector, and loving my companion. All is good here.
Happy B-Day Paige! Hope your man-cake tastes just as good as a normal person cake. I have a present for you, and Caitlins birthday, and Dads...basically for everyones. But I don't really wanna send it all until I have money and an opportune time. It will probably be cooler to get a random late birthday present anyway...breaks up the monotony.(NO idea how to spell that word anymore)
Toot and Dustin- Looks like Hilton Head was pretty fun. I am so glad Ian knows my name. He better not be shy come Saturday. Hope all is well at the Farris household
Kiera and Matt- Wow you look so pregnant. What are you gonna burst any minute or something?(sarcasm noted) Thanks for keeping me updated on your lives. WOOT. Osama is dead. Has Obama taken credit for single-handedly killing him with his barehands yet? No? I will give it a few days then....
Mom-I am also super excited to see everyone. Saturday at 7 would be great. My companion is down with it, and it fits into our schedule with investigators too. If Kiki or someone can get everything all set, that'd be good. Hopefully it will be just as smooth as last time. So ya...expect me at 7 on Saturday....3 your time. We run on Chile time, and its a good ways from Los Heroes to La Plaza de Maipu, so it might be more like 7:15.
Times short and my companion and I need to go shower. We played futbol all day...then ate at Pizza Hut. I love american pizza. I forgot to snap some photos of my new companion-so one of a cool Maipu sunset will have to do. Quick little miracle we had this week. We went to pass by an old contact that Elder Hall did here in the sector. All he had written about the guy was ¨doesnt believe in prophets¨. We yelled and the guy came out. We immediately let us in, where we talked with him and his wife. The Acevedo family has 2 little girls, and both the parents work a lot. They were sooo nice, and really enjoyed hearing about Eternal families. The Spirit was present, and the lesson was a big success. We will be going back soon. I love meeting new families. Everytime I meet a new family, I can always see both the love God has for them, and the blessings the Gospel will bring them. Teaching a family about Jesus Christ is very rewarding.
Que tengen una semana llena de experiencias espirituales, y que el padre les bendiga! See you on Saturday
-Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment