The following is an edition of two letters received from Charlie this week.
The time has come....
Well we got the phone call last night. I have changes on Tuesday. Elder Barlow will stay in Carlos Valdovinos and he will receive 3 new Elders. Yes, 3. President is going to reopen the 2 sectors again. That means that poor Elder Barlow who barely knows the one half of the sector is going to have to do divisions all the time, to help teach the 2 Elders who are getting white washed. Elder Barlow will also be training a greenie of his own.
I am obviously bummed to leave, because we have some really good investigators here. But, it happens. I also got word from President that I will be made comp mayor(senior). Which means absolutely nothing....But it does make me believe that I will be with a companion that has less time than me in the mission. I hope so. That would be fun.
Because I am leaving CV, I wanna go say goodbye to everyone I can. So I won't write any stories or anything today. The way we do changes now is like this. Everyone who is getting changed gets a phone call from their leader. He tells them to be in Maipu at the stake center there at 1030 am tuesday. Everyone meets inside, President opens with a few short words and a prayer. Then he uses a projector that has a picture of everyone and there new companion(and sector). I would love to go anywhere. I think the coast would be cool this time of year, because we can go on the beach and play soccer. Or out in the campo(farms between city and beach) because its poor and you get a bike. Or just keep me in suburbia but a different part. The latter is the most probable. Anyways, Im excited. Sad to leave Elder Barlow behind though...
As for Skype, dont know. I will let you know as soon as I do. If Saturday is an option, Saturday it will be. But I dont have a clue.
I was studying the Plan of Salvation this week in the morning, and the Spirit testified to me of the reality of the Spirit World. I know it exists and there are people there waiting to hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, or simply waiting for ordinances. The temple is such a special place for that reason. I love it. Can't wait to go back. Hope everyone enjoyed Easter and put their thoughts in Christ. Hopefully no one celebrated in the Chilean manner. Here they celebrate Santa Semana, which means everyone gets the week off of work to get drunk....in the name of ´religion´. Its sad. The rain here really started to come down this week. However, today its all clear and sunny. But it rained from the moment we got up to the moment we went to bed on Friday. And it was cold.
I was reading this week in Mosiah. I came across the story of King Noah and his priests(I cant remember if that's the right word....its sacerdotes in Spanish). Those guys were wicked, and worse, wickedly cunning. They successfully caused the enslavement and destruction of a whole group of Nephites. It helps me realize the power of just a few people. I know that it works in the other way. A little good, a simple effort to choose the right and being an example goes a looonngg way. I love missionary work for that reason. I am bummed to leave behind a few great families we're teaching here, but that's life.
Gotta go.
Love
-Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment