Tuesday, May 31, 2011


Everyone,

Just wanted to quickly fill everyone in on what happened in the sector this week.

-we had almost every single hour of every day full with set appointments

-LOTS fell through

-Set a baptismal date with Sebastian, a 19 year old kid. Hopefully his parents will follow suit soon....I am sure they will

-Carla passed her baptismal interview. Photos to come next week

-Found some awesome investigators.

-got given a LOT of food by investigators or members. Sometimes people will give you food just for doing a contact. Note one of the new fruits I tried this week

Thats about it. Thanks to everyone who wrote. I love hearing from you. Hope everyone is doing well, especially those who are also serving. Exito!

Love you all....have a great week

Elder Van Dyke

Hey Mom-

Well this week started out really promising....but as the Chileans say.....quank. We did however have some great things that happened to us, inbetween a lot of no show appointments. We were able to put a baptismal date with one of our investigators, and COULD have put one with another if we wanted....or better if the Spirit had indicated. But we will give her a little more time. Carla, a different investigator also had a baptismal interview and passed just fine. She will be baptized Saturday. Pics to come.

Quick story. Today we went to Santa Lucia as a zone. I was opposed, seeing as I have been there like 5 times... but meh. While on top of the hill/castle type thing, from which you can see almost all of Santiago, we ran into a bunch of gringos. Not uncommon in touristy places. Anyway, one of them was from Holladay, which wasnt hard to spot because he was wearing a Snowbird hat. We talked to him for a while, turns out he is not a member, but down here to visit his girlfriend in Valparaiso. He told me that in Utah there is a RIDICULOUS amount of snow in the mountains. Record breaking. He said also flooding was inevitable almost at this point. I just read Dads email, which confirmed it. Dang. I miss snow. haha. Hopefully winter of 2012 will be like that.

After Santa Lucia, my companion I and my good buddy Elder Fuhriman with his companion went to eat. We got something called chorillana. Mmmmm mmm. French fries covered with eggs, meat, onion, and little sausages. I shouldve taken a picture. It was delicious.

Have an awesome week.

I read in Alma 26 today. In that chapter you can find the goal I have as a missionary. Rather, what I want to have done after 2 years. Also, it has a simple recipe for how I can do it. The translation would be something like this....good works, continual prayer, faith, repentance. I love the Book of Mormon. So true.

Love you

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment