Hey Everyone!
Changes this week were great! My new companion is Elder Barlow. He is from Logandale Nevada. He just got out of the mission office, where he was for the past 9 months. In case anyone noticed, my companion from before Elder Speakman replaced him. So basically I got the old switcharoo. But my companion and I are having a lot of fun in the work. We have a baptism on Saturday of Kati. Her Mom would be baptized as well but she needs to stop smoking for a little big longer. The whole family is really progressing now. The Dad, who before didnt wanna listen at all, is now always sitting in on our lessons. He tries to make it look like he isnt interested, but he blows his cover when he asks us a question that shows his obvious interest. He will stop lying to himself when he sees his daughter in the baptismal water this week.
The best part of this week was an investigator we taught named Juan. He is 22, works, and studies in a university. When we entered his house, he told us how much he respected us and how he always notices our smiles....unlike other religious groups who bombard doors with fear and goofy hats. Not gonna name names. But after teaching him a little bit, he told us something pretty awesome. He said..."Ya I wont lie to you guys, I am really interested in the prophet and his 12 apostles. I was looking around on this website all about them(lds.org), and I read a bunch of stuff...." Obviously we were thrilled. Then he told us that he also read the pamphlets we left him a long while ago. The he told us he read in the bible and had been praying to know what to do, because he felt something needed to change in his life and he couldnt find out what it was exactly. Then we showed up. Buena!
We saw a lot of miracles in the sector this week, and are going to put at least 5 more baptismal fechas this week. Another family of about 9 is a great story, but time wont permit.
Not surprised USU lost. But still a little bummed. Pres Obama was in Chile today.
I read this week in Jacob 2. I cant remember what verse exactly, but I think 18 or 19. It talks about the riches of this world, and how we can attain them. In reality it gives us a warning. We should put the Reino de Dios first. I have found that to be such a simple truth. When we put God first, whether it be prayers, reading the scriptures, paying tithing, or going to church, we always come out with riches. The world today is very confused in this matter. I hope everyone knows I love em and loved hearing from you.
Have a great week!
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment