Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 14, 2011


This week wasn´t that awesome in our sector because we didn´t spend much time there. Monday we were in Maipu and Cerillos, Saturday we went to Ochogavia in the morning and the coast for the rest of the day. His old sector is called Llo Lleo. It was sooooooooooo pretty. The people there were awesome. Completely different lifestyle out there. I would love to have a few changes there someday.
I saw some videos on the news of the tsunami. Yikes. Looked nuts. Everyone keeps telling me about a video of a boat that is caught in what they describe as like a drain? Its spinning uncontrollably? Maybe you have seen it. Sounded scary. I too was reading in the BOM about all the signs of the 2nd coming. Terremoto!!!!! As missionaries its funny to see the irrational fears that people have. But its usually not fun trying to unteach them false doctrines that TJ´s or Evangelicos have taught. Those people teach by fear. So sad.

To answer your question about whether or not I´m getting lots of exercise....YES. To walk from 1 investigator to the next is like 20 minutes minimum. And thats at missionary speed which is one notch above power walking. We have to cruise.

Before I forget!!! You are going to recieve or have received a phone call from a woman who lives in Ogden. Don´t know her name. She was in Chile these past few weeks. Met her in a home of members in Llo Lleo(the coast). The family was awesome, friends of E Smith.
So. In a nut shell this is what went down this week. Monday-2 old sectors of E Smith allllll day. Met some nice people though. Tuesday-worked in the sector with E Smith. Set a baptismal date with a family. Wed-Smith had liderazgo in Republica in the morning. Thursday-worked in the sector, finally got our ward mission leader back. Sat-went to a superrrr ghetto sector called Ochogavia. Said goodbye to a family there. Then hopped on a bus and went to the coast. So gorgeous. Very different culture. People are more......nice? Came home late.
Sunday-said goodbye to people in our sector. Inspected 2 pensions of other missionaries. Spent the night in Diego de Amalgro because a member there was willing to take us to Maipu in a car. Went to Maipu this morning to drop off Elder Smith. I´m now with E Fuhriman for today and tomorrow. We will work in his sector. Tomorrow is changes. I will be getting a new companion and getting back to work as normal in Carlos Valdovinos.
Sorry to be so short.
Love you, and have a great week.
Charlie
Elder Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment