Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 07, 2011

Hola Everyone-
Well changes came and went. I have a new companion named Elder Speakman from Kansas. He is awesome. Has 14 months in the mission. Elder Smith in my pension also got a new companion. Elder Kenison from UT. The most interesting thing about changes is actually NOT that we are now 4 gringos living together. The most interesting thing is that Elders Kenison and Smith are both going home after this change. That either means they are closing the sector they are working in, or some special changes are going to happen. President King told Elder Smith that special changes are going to happen and there is going to be a 3-some. There are a lot of possibilties but I have a feeling that I, with the most time in this area, will probably be in a trio, and our 2 sectors will become 1 huge sector, that I will lead. Bummer. If so I have a lot more time here in Carlos Valdovinos. We will know about special changes and how everything goes down pretty soon. I'm anxious.

My companion is bomb. Diligent. etc. Should be a good time together, no matter how long or short it ends up being. Our first day together we were talking with a man outside his apartment. A woman came running over and asked us if we could help her with her computer. Knowing nothing about computers, naturally I said of course we would help. We talked to her and her family, who have investigated the church before. Her son read the Book of Mormon. They are AWESOME. The Lord really does have a purpose in everything. As a missionary, there are no such things as coincidences. This week I started reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish again. Its amazing how much you get out of it when you read really slow. Ha. I love that in Spanish, you can read the same thing but it has a very different meaning. Sometimes its better, sometimes I like it more in English. Both are so true.

We had 2 investigators in church this week. The whole 3 hours, believe it or not. Thats hard even for faithful members. We saw some real progression with investigators that had been stagnant. Its exciting. Hope everyone has a great week. Keep my investigators in your prayers! I really want to see some of them keep progressing!

-Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment