Hey there--
I woke up today DEAD tired. Barely made it through my studies without sleeping. The minute my studies ended, I mopped the floor, took a seat on the couch and feel asleep again. This past week or two have has been really draining. Next week looks to be even more so...
Happy Berfday to Grampa. How is Gunnar doing? As much as I hate that dog, I have to admit he is a lot cleaner and cuter than any dog I have seen in this country. Fleas however can be fixed with a bath. Gunnars mental problems....not so easy
Sounds like things are going really good for everyone. Paige getting a house. Caitlin is finishing hers, and going on a cruise. Meg is growing up healthy. And you can now relax from your calling. That's great.
Things are good around here too. We found a cool new investigator named Blanca. She is 78 but will probably get baptized soon. She is super cool. She was asking about church and when she could go before we even finished teaching. She is sure as heck not going to get baptized by the Adventists(her sister is dragging her to an Adventists church, which she hates).
Andrea is quitting smoking. Shes doing remarkably well. She started out smoking a pack and a half a day. The other day we taught her and she told us the day before, she smoked 1 cigarette. She had smoked less than a pack in the whole week. Keep her in your prayers, because its going to be really really rough making the final push. She is being stubborn about coming to church too.
On Friday we took Jorge Torres to the Registro Civil(government offices). He is an older guy that is dying to get baptized. He has been waiting for 4 years. In order to do it however, he needs to get divorced, then re-married to the person he lives with. He has a hard time going about the city by himself, so we helped him out. We got some of the paperwork done, and got him lined up with a lawyer. The bishop is helping out too. Our bishop is the bomb.
The sister missionaries are still.....fastidios. They are always whining about something or asking permission to do something totally ridiculous. Oh ya. I almost forgot. This past week we had changes. There are few changes in our zone. Elder Ellis received Elder Hall as his new companion. Yes, the same Elder Hall that I served with. my MTC companion and companion in the field. This is the 3rd zone I have been in with him. haha. Sister Rivero received a greenie. Another Argentino. Her name is Sister Vidal. Elder Sanchez, one of our district leaders, also received a greenie, named Elder Farias. Also Argentino. They are all doing great.
Well here comes the moment you have all been waiting for. My decision as to whether or not I will come home early.... DUN DUN DUN.
Well I thought about it a lot this week and came to the conclusion that it would be a better idea LOGICALLY. However, I did some praying and found out it's not right. So, even though to me it's not exactly logical, I will be staying until September 11th. I am not sure why, but I am sure I will know someday. No need to worry about school or anything. I just hope I will still be able to live with Ren and Taylor. I don't wanna be stuck on my own with strangers. That`d suck.
Well that's about it for now. Love you all.
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment