Buenas tardes papá--
This week went well. Lots of splits. On Wednesday I went to Rivas Vicuña with Elder Holton, one of our district leaders. It went okay. Just did lots of contacts with him. His house was atrocious. But it's not his fault. The office is moving him out of there. It's a moldy dump. They have like 4 bedrooms they dont even use.
On Thursday I stayed in my sector, but worked in a trio with Elder Chase and Elder Diestra. They are the other 2 missionaries that work in my ward. We get along really well. It was fun because in the early part of the day we worked in their half, then in the later half we worked in my half. Got to teach lots. On Friday we went to a special capacitation with Pres. King in Maipu. It was a little dry. I got sleepy due to the lack of sleep from the 2 previous days.
In church on Sunday we had 4 investigators. 2 of them were there for the first time. One is named Luis. He is a really really great catholic guy. He and his 19 year old son are listening. He understood the Restauration really well, and when he finished he asked [So, does this mean that I have been sinning my whole life because I participate in the Catholic church?] He was really anxious to read and pray about the Book of Mormon. On church on Sunday, because we had 4 people in church and we are only 2 missionaries, I had Elder Chase go sit next to Luis. He asked Elder Chase good questions during the meeting, and even made the comment [well the brothers told me that If I want to know if this is the true church or not, I would need to come and get to know it. so here I am] haha. I could tell he liked the meeting. Depending on what he says this week when we teach him, he might have a baptismal date.
Our investigators that are quitting smoking are improving. Little by little. It has been a big change though because they started smoking at least 1 pack a day.
On Saturday we got the phone call informing us about changes. There are only 2 changes in the zone. Elder Mejia(honduras) is leaving. Everything else stays the same. That's because last change, almost every single companionship had changes.
Elder Barco and I are doing well. I had always heard that argentinians are really prideful. I didn't know what on earth everyone was talking about. This last week or so I have been kind of figuring it out. I still get along with him really really well. The problem is that the zone doesn't really like him. I have to play mediator between my companion and the zone. Not fun
I have a few photos I am going to send.
Love you.
Elder Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment