Hola
Just got into the usual internet cafe as always. We left the house today as soon as possible to get here to the plaza and take care of the mundane things we gotta do. So I just dropped off a pair of pants at drycleaning(I opened my little consecrated oil thing and spilled all down the front of my gray suit pants...dangit). We also did a little incense shopping and looked around for some random cheap stuff. You never know when a crazy old toothless lady will have a blanket laid out on a street corner with something SWEET.
After looking around we got our hair cut and then ate chinese food. We went with Elder Bybee, Nilsen, Opazo, Iglesias, Fuhriman, and Wilcox. It was the best chinese food I have had in Chile. But still.....really really lacks. Our plan for the day is just go back to the house and chill. I wanna clean a little, get myself organized, maybe write a letter or 2.
The baptism of Pablo went great on Saturday. I have said it before, but will say it again...his family is awesome. He showed up wearing a poncho that he always has on. Haha. That kid is so goofy. We had an inactive family show up to church for testimony week. They haven't been to church in years. It was really great seeing the father walk in. Success. I thought he was going apostate for a while...
I am really bad about writing people in my last sector. That's why I want to spend some time writing today. The familia Sandoval moved outside of the mission....but I have heard a little about them through the grapevine. Sounds like they are doing good.
All the investigators are doing well with the exception of Lorena. She should be baptized by now, but her husband won't let her go to church. He is a Jehovas Witness. But we are working on that. Sebastian is still awesome. The only sucky part is that he couldn't come to the baptism of Pablo this week or to church. Hopefully he is there next week and we can go through with baptismal plans for the end of the month.
The investigator who teaches our English class every Friday night is doing good. She stopped listening to us a for a while and just stuck with english classes because she was afraid to change religions. We have been going to her home every Wednesday and clearing out her disgusting garden. You would die. But she is really starting to understand what REAL Christianity is. She knows her church is wrong. She sees the good in us. Its only a matter of time. We always talk about God and religious stuff while we work or after English classes. Just a matter of time....
Well Elder Crane and I are still getting by. Elder Bybee and Wheelwright started a prank on him when he first got here. Now Elder Bybee and Nilsen are keeping it going. Elder Crane has no idea. Long story short....Elder Crane is convinced there are a small family of chipmunks that live outside our bedroom window that show up everynight around 12pm and make a lot of noise. HAHA. ask me for the whole story if you want and I will tell you next week.
For now...just wanted to share something real quick from 3Nefi 30:2. This scripture is a pretty big call to repentance. I really like how at the end it is very clear what we need to do. Come to Christ. Be baptized. Be filled with the Spirit. Sé que esto es parte del evangelio de Jesucristo. Sé que al bautizarnos recibimos el perdon de nuestros pecados. Siempre es un placer ser testigo de un hijo de Dios que ha tomado la decisión de ser bautizado. La experienca con Pablo fue asi.
I love you all. Have fun in the mountains. Send me photos......
Elder Charlie Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment