Hola
Don´t really wanna take a lot of time writing today because I am dying to play something. I am feeling really wound up for whatever reason. Sounds like the trip down south was pretty sweet. I still haven't received any photos from Caitlin but maybe she will just send them later today and I will get them next week. We are writing a little earlier than normal(11:37) because we wanna play futbol at 12. Afterwards my companion and I are going to go eat lunch at a less active members house. They invited us because they want their 2 twin sons to go on missions and return to the church. Should be fun.
Yesterday in the sunday school class we attended we discussed 1 Corinthians. It was pretty awesome. Unfortunately we talked about the Word of Wisdom AND law of chastity in depth. Normally I wouldn't care.....but we had an investigator there for his first time. Haha. He comes to church for the first time and just hears EVERYTHING. He drinks, smokes, and probably has illegitimate children. haha. But he actually accepted everything really well and liked the meetings.
Last night we had an interesting lesson with a 16 year old girl and her mom. The 16 year old has smoked since she was like 8 and is just a wreck. Smokes, drinks on the weekends, and is far from chaste. She doesnt believe in God. We read with her the story of Korihor in Alma 30. The Spirit testified to me that God exists and loves us. I can honestly say that I have ¨todas las cosas como una señal que hay un Dios¨. I am very grateful for the chance God has given me to live here in this world. To gain a body. To experience mortal life, so that I can become like Him. This world really is beautiful and made for us.
Thanks for the updates and all that you do. Have a great week. Love you
Elder Van Dyke
p.s.
Dad
Google translate le hizo un gran favor con ese frase? Lamentablemente tiene que usar subjuntivo en pasado cuando ocupa el verbo ´esperar´. haha. pero ni importa.
Utah really is pretty amazing. We have 4 very distinct seasons. We have cool red rock. The worlds best snow. Lots of temples. We just need a beach and we´d have it all...
Quick question.....everyone this past week kept telling us that the US is in deep doo doo financially. I already knew that...but I just wanna know why this week they wouldn't stop chatting about it. Did something happen of importance? How do the Presidential campaigns look?
¨We celebrated by going to church.¨. Hahahahahaahahahahahahahaha. When I read that I just about pooped my pants laughing. I guess some things never change.
My stomach dropped when I read about Kayden. I had one of those realizations where it hits me that I am not a kid anymore. Big people are making big decisions. I would like to write his family and him if you could get me some addresses. Keep me updated on his condition please.
Well. We too had a class on chastity. The effects here are even worse. It's impossible to walk in the street or enter a little store without seeing something. Unfortunately people have lost all of their morals in terms of the law of chastity. The visible effects are young girls with children....everywhere! Men who start working at 16, because of a dumb mistake, which means they never finish their schooling. Today for example, we got in a collectivo and the driver turned out to be an inactive member. He was 25. had plans of serving a mission, started working on his papers, but got a girl pregnant. Now he has no education. Same example of a kid i knew back in my last sector. he had a mission call to Pennsylvania, but got a girl pregnant. It starts in the home. Parents don't teach their children and as a result, people keep repeating the same mistakes. it's a vicious cycle.
I know that every commandment we have comes from God. He doesn't want to restrict us, but free us. I know without a doubt that every blessing we get is based on our obedience to His commandments. Repentance is our way out. Its never too late. Some of the strongest missionaries and members of Christ's church were once very wicked men. Repentance brings a REAL change.
Have a great week. The lawn beckons....
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment