Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 20, 2011




Well the rain has begun. It has been consistently dark and rainy for the majority of the past week. Saturday was especially bad. Our lunch appointment cancelled last minute, leaving us with few options. All street vendors close in the rain, so we had to walk a couple kilometers to a supermarket....in POURING rain. The streets were rivers. When buses went by, the tires mixed with the rivers created tidal waves. It was awesome.

Elder Crane is adjusting to Chilean life quickly. The only thing that he will have to get used to is a high mayonaise diet. And onions. He hates both those things. He had a big advantage coming into the mission with some Spanish experience. But obviously, speaking is still stuff. I am sure he will be able to hold his own by the end of these 6 weeks though.

English classes are going well. It's so awesome that we have an investigator teaching it. We were kind of losing her as an investigator, but now she is in the chapel every Friday and getting to know lots of members. I think, with a little time, she will understand the things that were holding her back.

Carla, the girl who just got baptized, is now helping E Crane and I teach her little brother Pablo. Its going great. Looking forward to his baptism soon. His parents have been consistently coming to church now for 2 months. I would LOVE to have his Father do the baptismal ordinance.

We played futbol in the rain today. I slipped....alot. But we had a lot of fun. I would send photos, but I forgot my little converter thingy. Next week I guess...

I read in D&C 121(I think) about Joseph's time spent in Liberty Jail. I love the Lord's response to his cry ¨Oh Dios, donde estas?¨. We too need to sobrellevar(sorry forgot the word in English) our afflictions.

Hope everyone enjoys the sun.

Thanks for all your support and testimonies

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment