La Moneda
(under the water is the museum-- cool beans)
It wasn't easy for Him, why should it be easy for us?
Well this week was kind of interesting. One of those weeks where you just feel off.
It all started with divisions, which we did with Elders Hassler and Ullua from Avenida Matta, a sector next to ours. I got assigned to head over to AV. Matta with Hassler, and my companion stayed behind in CV with E Ullua.
It was the single worst day of missionary work ever. HAHA. I have never had so many doors slammed, fingers waved, etc. I should've counted all the people who told me they were busy. It was rough.
To cap off what was a really really hard day(No set appointments), we found a woman at like 9 at night. She let us in without question, which made me think ¨sweet! all the rejection was just a test to get to this one door¨. Nope. Could'nt have been more wrong. She led us into a trap. She was a member who has been inactive for 21 years because she was offended. Apparently a 70 actually went to her house one time to talk to her. I won't detail our conversation, but it was rich. We bolted out of that house.
So even though that day was tough, and others came and went like it... we had a FANTASTIC day on Thursday. We met with the Luengo family. They were found through CIMI. The husband and wife have been living in different homes for a while now. I think they said 2 years. They both are great parents to their 1 child, Diego(12). They told us how they want to get back together, and are both searching for religion. They share the common desire of a happy family, where they can raise their child in a good environment. It was a great lesson. We have a meeting with them tonight that I´m excited for.
I realized that I am likely to be leaving Carlos Valdovinos in a week. I really don´t wanna go, but I know E Barlow will keep the work moving along.
Now I´m off to JUMBO! (grocery store)
Have a great week everyone!
-Elder Ban Deekay
No comments:
Post a Comment