Time is really cramped today, so I am going to write little.
Today we climbed to the top of a mountain. Its called Cerro Lonquen. I think its about 2000 meters tall, or 6000 something feet. It was steep and my companion barely made it. He is a little nancy. At the top we cooked chorizos. It was an activity that we did as a district and we invited 2 young men from my branch and 1 brother from another branch. Its crazy how different the terrain is here. Different plants you have never seen before. Crazy cool trees. lots of green. That was my favorite part.
We found some new investigators this week. We basically just walked/rode around contacting people because there still arent very many people to teach. Our Branch President came out with us to work for an hour. He is very hick, but chilean style.
My companion doesnt have any shoes(other than church shoes) or any pants(other than church pants), so we had to round up some stuff today. I think he got here with like 6 ties. He will inherit a lot of stuff on September 11th. He already got 1 tie because he practically begged..haha
He snores like you can´t even believe. I have to shove toilet paper in my ears at night. Even with that I can still hear him though. Its so obnoxious. He falls asleep before I can even finish calling my district and take off my church clothes. I walked in our bedroom the other night and found him sleeping with his mouth and eyes open, the light on, and snoring SOOO loud. I got photos and a video.
It was a big hassle finding an internet cafe today because everything is closed. Its apparently a holiday. We ended up having to come to Talagante which is like 35 minutes in bus. What a pain...
Its cold at night. It rains a lot. We get wet and muddy constantly. The people here are very hick, but at least we are now finding a few people.
Sounds like you guys are all trunky. I am not at all. I like it here, even though not a lot of things are going my way. I do however miss the education and class of the american people. Thats what REALLY makes the difference. Example: today while climbing the mountain, my companion asked if he could have one of the mini cakes I was eating. I gave him one happily. He didnt ask nice, with please or manners, but it didnt bother me. But then he ate it and immediately threw the trash on the ground. Just littered without any hesitation. I told him to pick it up, but he looked at me super incredulously like I was crazy. you could tell he was thinking ¨why? its just trash". THAT right there is the difference between the way a gringo thinks and the way a latin thinks.
Welp thats about it. I gotta go buy new shampoo because the stuff I bought is giving me dandruff.
Love you
Have fun at the farm
Elder Van Dyke
No comments:
Post a Comment