BUENNNNAAAAAAA! El Padre Bendice!
So glad to hear that things went well. I coudn´t help but wonder if this was all a plot by Mom to finally get in contact with President King. I don´t know what you told him on the phone as far as details but he did a good job of being vague on the phone with me. He told me you had broken your back(surprise), with a few minor details like the severity of the surgery. By minor details I mean he said...¨its a serious surgery¨. I didn´t realize until today how serious it was. 50 percent chance of being paralyzed? Wow. Surely the outcome we got is a blessing from our Heavenly Father. Gracias for the details everyone. Last week I had too many emails and too little time, so I didn´t get to read all of them. This week was spent in limbo and wondering at night. But all is well and Mom is healing. Any pictures you might have would be appreciated.
Well I don´t want to dwell on it for too long. So here is what happened on the other side of the equator. Daniela, a longtime and notoriously lazy investigator finally kept some commitments. She both read the Book of Mormon and came to church. She has a date set for the 29th. Keep her in your prayers. On Saturday we went to the house of a contact from a few weeks ago. We knocked the door and a woman answered. She explained that the person we were looking for was her nephew and doesn´t live there. However, her husband was in the background and invited us in. I was real pumped because the Mom, Dad, and daughter were all there and had nowhere to be. Also, the house was probably the nicest one I´ve seen in Chile. Looks like an IKEA catalog with the addition of people. We sit down and start talking and quickly learn they are Testigos de Jehova. All is well right? Wrong. They had invited us in in an attempt to convert us. Teaching ended up being about 70 percent them, 30 us. They believe in original sin, among other false doctrines. It was the hardest hour of my life. To our credit, we always kept a smile and never Bible bashed. It was rough. Towards the end we bore testimony of the Book of Mormon. They learned and felt nothing. I´m sure of that. However. The Spirit testified to me again of the truthfulness of this church. God didn´t make a mistake in that Adam and Eve ate the fruit. He knew they would. It´s part of a greater plan. The Bible is the word of God. There are great things to be learned there. However, there is no book that will bring you closer to God than the Book of Mormon. It was written for us. If ever you have a question, spend a few minutes reading it, then pray to receive an answer. The Book of Mormon can answer ANY question we have about our relationship with God. Family-if you aren´t reading the Book of Mormon on a daily basis...START. Mom-I don´t think you have any excuse seeing as you have a place reserved just for you in the family room.(Unless there is a Pride and Predjudice marathon on A&E or something). I know that by reading everyday we´ll have the Spirit with us. To guide us, protect us, and help us make good decisions.
Mom-Hope you are comfortable at least some of the time. Make sure you eat plenty of junk and never turn off 19th century English romances. They´ll help you heal faster :) You are in my prayers constantly. Members and missionaries a like are praying for you. Even some non members with lots of faith are praying for you. Keep a smile.
-Charlie
I just remembered a quick story you might want to put on the blog. This week during sacrament meeting we had a fun little experience. The first 2 speakers were done, and did a great job. One spoke on families(he is a convert of 2 months with an 8 year old girl and 3 week old bebe) so his talk was from the heart. The other spoke on not using drugs. Ya.... But when the 3rd speaker was about halfway through...She suddenly gets wide eyed and shouts.. HELP THE NIÑO!!!! Then a bunch of people converged in the middle of the pews. A kid in our ward had a nasty seizure. He was convulsing realllllyy bad. A few minutes later it passed and we just ended the meeting. Crazy. Apparently he has had seizures in the past, caused by stress I think I heard someone say. Also our zone leader hurt his ankle today playing soccer. Can anyone stay healthy? Enserio...
No comments:
Post a Comment