Monday, December 20, 2010


Hola Family-
I don´t have much time so I´m simply going to give some instructions for our phone call this week. WE CAN USE SKYPE!!!!!!!!! I couldn´t believe it when Elder Colman told us, but its all totally legit. You guys need to be signed into Paiges account so that I can call you guys. I will use my account as long as I can remember my password and stuff. Close all programs and open apps on my computer to help it run faster. Make sure no other devices are connected to our internet. have my computer plugged into the charger, on High Performance, and near the router. I will be in an internet cafe, not sure where though. I will be calling on the 24th at 4 o clock my time. Which is 12 your time. Hopefully everyone can be together then. I would call on the 25th but internet cafes aren´t going to be open. I might even struggle finding one on the 24th. But hopefully all will work out and I will be able to call you that way. It is a huge blessing because I will be able to see you, and it will be a lot cheaper then a 20 dollar phone call. It will only be 2 bucks for me. If that doesn´t work, email be back pronto so that I can check first thing on the 24th. If that time doesn´t work for everyone, I can hopefully get notified via email, and change it for something later.
Mom- You didn´t send my slackline in my package!!!!???? I thought that is what my xmas package would be! Well just so you know I haven´t recieved anything yet. My companion recieved one from Utah sent through USPS that made it here in 10 days. I´m hopeful but not counting on anything. Also, Taylor Smith wrote me through snail mail and told me my blog has no pics. Whats up with that? Fix it!! Also, you asked where you should send snail mail. Always to the same address. If you send to anything else you risk losing it. Just send to the mission home.

Quick update on the work. We had a baptism on Saturday! Jaime, an investigator that I have known from start to finish got baptized by Joty, his nephew and convert of a few months. It was awesome. With Jaime I have little fear of inactivity. He has a more sound understanding of the gospel and the importance of enduring to the end then most members in the ward. I got to participate in his confirmation on Sunday. The Spirit was soo strong. Pictures coming. One other quick story. We went back to a family that was contacted a few months ago. For whatever reason things with them died. After talking with the mom, Susana for a long time, she invited us over for once and a lesson. Her husband didn´t believe in God. We taught him about the plan that God has for his cute little family, and he perked up. We now have a great relationship with them, and they invited us back. (interesting note...Rodrigo, the dad, is of German decent, totally white. However he doesn´t speak german. 100 chileno)
This family and other investigators were a testament to mean of importance of a plan specifically for families. We could teach Rodrigo about the plan God has for him personally all day, and he wouldn´t care. But when the Spirit directed and we taught about the plan for his family, he listened intently. Family is so important. Simple truth. Can´t wait to talk to mine on the 24th. Hope Everyone has a Merry Christmas. It´s a special time of the year in every corner of the world. I leave you with my testimony that Jesus Christ walked on this earth. He lived without flaw. He willingly submitted to the will of the Father and atoned for each one of us. There is no where on the face of this earth I would rather be than right here, sharing that message. I love you all and miss the snow, but I don´t miss you guys! :) The work is too good here.

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment