Monday, April 16, 2012

April 16, 2012


Hola hola--
I got to go to the temple this week! That was super fun. It was part of a special zone conference. I sat next to my companion and Elder Barco(ex-comp). Sounds like he is having fun out in Melipilla. He has a greenie from California that is enormous. He is like 6´5¨ and a little geeky looking. Elder Barco is getting a hardcore English lesson I am sure....

Yesterday was awesome. We had a ton of investigators in church. Elizabeth Gomez-Parada came. She loved it. Pedro Suarez came. Loved it, but threw up in the bathroom because of his diabetes. Nubia and Maria Jose liked it. But they escaped quick after the first hour. It was a first time for all of them(except Maria Jose and Nubia who went to a little part of the General Conference). There were also a few other investigators there, but not for the first time.

We had a great ward council yesterday too. The ward is amazing. Working Bishop. Working presidencies, kind of working ward mission leader. The Bishop is super excited about getting the members to start helping. He is going about doing it in the right way, by being the example. The ward is growing quickly, thanks to his inspired help.

Today we went and played soccer in the Stake center in the morning. Then my companion and I went and bought sushi. It was good, but a little expensive. Then we showered and just came here to the Cyber(internet cafe) near our house. My only complaint is that there are 3 little 12 year olds sitting next to us. They are the most foul-mouthed punks ever. If I werent a missionary, I definately would have shut them up by now. In fact, I am still thinking about it...

Oh yeah. One more cool thing from the work. We taught a nursing school student named Camila last week. She has been having a hard time with the tests. She said she gets nervous and her mind goes blank. SO, we promised her that if she read the Book of Mormon and said a prayer before studying, she would test well and would be calm. We saw her this week and it worked. She nailed the test and stayed calm. Her faith grew. We are gonna see what happens this week with her. Our goal is commit her to baptism.

That's cool that Romney won. How are the polls looking between him and Obama? What are his weak points that people attack other than being Mormon?

What is Meg like? How has Quinn changed? Do all the grandkids get along? Have you realized that in 1 year I COULD be married? Obviously I´ll do everything in my power to make sure that doesn't happen....but that is possible. At the temple this week President bombarded us with marriage doctrine. I definately wanted to sneak out the back door.

Have a great week.

Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment