Monday, March 12, 2012

Hey Dad-
I am sorry to hear about Gramper. I knew when I left that it would probably be the last time I saw him. From time to time in the mission I have thought that maybe, just maybe, he would still be alive when I got home. This week I had a dream that made me think alot. I never remember my dreams. But this one I not only remembered, but I couldn't get it out of my head. I came to the conclusion(that is to say, I felt strongly that..) on Monday, today, I would get some bad news. I really didn't know what it would be. I just felt strongly that something of this nature would happen. When I read Mom's email, the Spirit made everything clear.
If someone thousands of miles away, relatively detached from his family and former life can receive a message so special from our Heavenly Father, imagine how great the love is He has for us. I personally feel Heavenly Fathers' love each day.
If you think about it for a second, Gramper played a crucial role in my being here in Chile. His example and faith led you to be baptized. Your continued faith and example for me led me to the waters of baptism. Then, the examples and faith of the both of you lead me to a testimony, later a conversion, now, the chance to share it with the world. Its amazing the complexity and nature of human relationships. It's impossible, in my eyes, to attribute everything that happens to us here in this mortal experience to anything less than a Divine Creator.
The work in Pajaritos goes on. My testimony is stronger than ever. My faith is growing and I am slowing becoming more charitable. I love serving the Lord. I love His plan. I enjoy the little things I never appreciated before. This week I saw lightning for the first time in over a year and a half. It was wicked sweet. Can't wait to see it and many other marvels again.
I love you. Thanks for everything. Have a great week. Say hi to all your brothers and sisters and my cousins .
Chao
Elder Van Dyke

No comments:

Post a Comment