Hola everyone!
This week has been, yet again, eventful. Another Elder left for home on Friday or so. So now we are down to 8 members (from 12). All of our teachers have made remarks about how crazy our particular district has been. I guess it's for a reason. Even our Branch President made some comments about our district when Elder Hassler and I were in a meeting with him on Sunday. But other than that this week has rocked. Why? WE GOT OUR TRAVEL PLANS. I will be flying out on Monday the 8th. The flight numbers are 1046 and 147 on Delta if you want to check them out. We leave at 12 pm which is nice. We are all really excited to get out of this place. When I received my travel plans I was momentarily worried that I might run into you guys (Mom and Dad) at the airport or something. Luckily, that is not the case. I will however be able to call you on Monday. I haven't decided if I will call from SLC or Atlanta, which is where we have a layover. I might not know til i'm actually at the airport. If Paige, or Caitlin, or whoever wants to be involved in this phone call would like to set up a conference call or some means of allowing lots of people to hear it, that would be awesome. I have no idea how, especially not from a payphone.( I will buy a phone card here in the MTC before I go). Don't know what the regulations are on phone calls. I'll learn and let you know. But I'm excited to hear everyones voice. Moving on
Paige- Thanks for the letter a few days ago. I'm sooo happy you got a new job. I have probably said that before but I'm really just excited. Hope it turns out to be everything you need. I'd love to see some pics of the nugget in her halloween costume. I don't care if I have seen it before. Caitlin told me Nugget and E were pretty stinkin cute at Jasons Deli. I got a big smile outta that. Hope she is doing well, excited about school, and still remembers me. I think I might write her something in the coming weeks when I have a few moments. I think you got something coming your way too this week.
Caitlin- As I told Paige your story about Jasons Deli killed me. I can totally see it. I have been keeping my eyes peeled for Elder Fernandez. Haven't seen him. He isn't in my zone. But i'll keep looking. Thanks for the reminder about being judgemental. I know a few Elders who were in my district and have gone home that know exactly how that feels.
Kiera- Thats weird calling you Kiera. Kiki.... I am keeping you and Matt in my prayers. Keep staying busy. I'm anxious to know if you get into the nursing gig. Your still in my prayers
Grams and Gramps- Thank you so much for your letter this week! I am not surprised the Jazz blew it in their first few games. Hopefully things have turned around. Every time I go to the temple I think of you guys. Thank you for always spoiling your only grandson
Dad- I'm sure you pooped your pants when the Giants won the series. I can't believe it. When I stopped following they were in 2nd place for the wild card. Things change fast when you have great pitching I guess. I gotta tell you.... I almost died laughing when Mom told me that you have a cell phone with the internet. I can only imagine the frustrations it has caused and not the convenience. If ever you become frustrated, remember...you are smarted then the phone. Ha- anyway I hope work is good and you got to make a few more trips up to the farm before it snowed. Which gets me thinking...are you going to invest in a snowblower this year or keep "searching". I can think of a few joints and bones in your body that are pleading for you to cave and buy one. Just a thought.
Mom- You always ask a lot of questions. I really want to answer them. But truth is. I never have time or remember them all. But I'll try- No, I don't need a new SD card. I haven't taken many pictures of this place. I don't see why. I have got pictures of my district and a few other fun things, but I don't waste time or camera battery with photos of everything I do. I will however try and send you some more photo prints before I leave. I can't promise I'll have time though. Being a zone leader has its drawbacks. This week we got a new district. It's pretty awesome. The first few days were really really really buzy. I didn't get to bed til almost 12 one night. I wasn't being disobedient, It was just that an Elder was leaving and we had a long heart to heart. That was after I worked my tail off all day preparing lessons and tours and stuff for the new district. You asked if I need to send stuff home- YES. I will. Or the other option you brought up was dropping it off somewhere for you to come pick up. I will investigate how much it will cost to ship, and if it's a lot I will just dump it somewhere in the temple grounds. Or somewhere at the airport that holds stuff? I dont' know. I'll work on it. Thank you so much for the ties and shirt and goodies. It was unexpected and SWEEET. I love the ties. It's amazing how quickly you get sick of what you were when your fashion statements are limited. I've never had such an affinity for nice ties in my life. So some general info from the past few days. I dry cleaned both my suits. Cost like 16 bucks total. Elder Crist and I, who is now in my companionship went to get our haircut today. I'll save the whole story for 2 years, but it's pretty funny. Some people are just ridiculous. Don't worry, I didn't do anything bad. It was just funny.
I got a letter from Matt. He is loving everything about Carcassone. 4 week baptisms, great food, language is coming, the whole shibang. I'm happy for him. Hope the rest of the friend group is doing well, wherever they are. There is a lot more I could write about this week but I will save it for hand written letters or the phone call on Monday. I'm looking forward to hearing everyones voice.
You are all in my prayers. The work is fun. Missionary life is awesome. It's all true
-Charlie
No comments:
Post a Comment