
'The Gang' : Elders Van Dyke, Gibbons, Wennerholm, Mulford & Rigby

'Temple Walk Crew'
Week 2:
Hey Everyone! It was so great to hear from so many of you this week. Mom-Thanks for the cookies and treats! My roommates and I really needed em'! I have 3 more converts who are convinced you make the best chocolate chip cookie on earth. Just so guys know, I can't read the blog you created for me AND I can't check any email except the one I'm sending from. the computers here BLOW. Also, the reason I didn't attach any pics last week is because I had less then 1 minute left on my email "countdown" before it boots me off. Then, I realized at about t-minus 30 seconds that I can't upload pics here in any way shape or form because...well like i said the computers BLOW. Anyway-I was glad to hear Nugget gave up her binky. Sounds like it was worth it. Let her know I love her and look forward to the day I can take her
back down to "the cave". Cait-Thanks sooo much for your letter and package. Ian's little hand print is what I stare at every time I sit down at my desk. Glad to hear you guys are going to be moving in soon. If you want to send me some pics ofyour crib, either send them to this email as an attachment or just send me hard copies in the mail. Either works and would be appreciated! Also-when i opened your package....I instantly set my eyes of the contents. I just burst out laughing. My roommates and I are now reaping the benefits.
back down to "the cave". Cait-Thanks sooo much for your letter and package. Ian's little hand print is what I stare at every time I sit down at my desk. Glad to hear you guys are going to be moving in soon. If you want to send me some pics ofyour crib, either send them to this email as an attachment or just send me hard copies in the mail. Either works and would be appreciated! Also-when i opened your package....I instantly set my eyes of the contents. I just burst out laughing. My roommates and I are now reaping the benefits.
Okay so Mom has requested "DETAILS" about whats going on around here. I'm not sure
what exactly she wants so I'll just let you in on some stuff. My companion, Elder
Brayden Scott Olsen is from Cali. Colton/Marietta/San Bernidino. We have had 2 devotionals thus far...one by an Elder Brown and his wife (Sunday night)...and one last sunday by another former 70. I can't remember his name...but they both spoke on obedience and how to return in 2 years without any regrets. I think Elder Olsen benefited greatly from both talks. I know I did. On sundays we have what is called a temple walk. Basically 2501 missionaries walk up to the temple grounds and conglomerate in circles not unlike high school. Its probably my favorite time of the week because I get to see everyone from back home, and get to talk about the work we are involved in from a very different point of view. I have taken some photos of Sunday walks and will send them via snail mail. As companionships we teach our 2 Spanish teachers, who are both RM's from Argentina/Peru. Both married, kids or kids on the way...Utah county folk through and through. I Love em though. We also teach in
the TRC(teaching resource center). There you are filmed so you can be critiqued.
The people you teach there are usually students or old folks from around here who get paid to come, act, and leave. It feels that way sometimes. The first few times Elder Olsen and I taught, I did everything. I knew the lessons front and back and I knew what was next. He didn't. I won't get down on him though because he really tries. As time goes on, he is gettting better and better. As am I. We are getting better at asking pertinent questions, having good, body language, and most importantly working together. It's getting better every time. Still so much to learn though. When we teach, we do the "contacting" or getting to know the investigator in Spanish. Sometimes it flows, other times.....not so much. We carried on a 7 minute conversaton the other day though with an "investigator". Then, we teach in Spanglish. Mixing in as many spanish phrases as we can. It is pretty funny sometimes.
what exactly she wants so I'll just let you in on some stuff. My companion, Elder
Brayden Scott Olsen is from Cali. Colton/Marietta/San Bernidino. We have had 2 devotionals thus far...one by an Elder Brown and his wife (Sunday night)...and one last sunday by another former 70. I can't remember his name...but they both spoke on obedience and how to return in 2 years without any regrets. I think Elder Olsen benefited greatly from both talks. I know I did. On sundays we have what is called a temple walk. Basically 2501 missionaries walk up to the temple grounds and conglomerate in circles not unlike high school. Its probably my favorite time of the week because I get to see everyone from back home, and get to talk about the work we are involved in from a very different point of view. I have taken some photos of Sunday walks and will send them via snail mail. As companionships we teach our 2 Spanish teachers, who are both RM's from Argentina/Peru. Both married, kids or kids on the way...Utah county folk through and through. I Love em though. We also teach in
the TRC(teaching resource center). There you are filmed so you can be critiqued.
The people you teach there are usually students or old folks from around here who get paid to come, act, and leave. It feels that way sometimes. The first few times Elder Olsen and I taught, I did everything. I knew the lessons front and back and I knew what was next. He didn't. I won't get down on him though because he really tries. As time goes on, he is gettting better and better. As am I. We are getting better at asking pertinent questions, having good, body language, and most importantly working together. It's getting better every time. Still so much to learn though. When we teach, we do the "contacting" or getting to know the investigator in Spanish. Sometimes it flows, other times.....not so much. We carried on a 7 minute conversaton the other day though with an "investigator". Then, we teach in Spanglish. Mixing in as many spanish phrases as we can. It is pretty funny sometimes.
What more details could I fill you in on? Well.....OH.
My p-day is Tuesday as you could've figured out by when I send these emails. I had to wake up super early this morning to wash my clothes. Ren wasn't exaggerated when he said laundry sucks. I'll send photos of my experience. Okay well i'm at t-minus 4 minutes so I better get to the spiritual part of this letter. Last Sunday, when at the MTC wide devotional by Elder and Sister ....(can't remember)...anyway the closing hymn was "I Know that my Redeemer lives". I have never had any special feelings for that song before, but this time it was different. The meeting was great and I can truly say I was edified. The speaker mentioned how we as missionaries "aren't here to hold the lines...we are to charge". He also mentioned how we will stand out like diamonds on black velvet. That was all great. But when that closing hymn started, the Spirit bore witness to me of some incredible truths. The gym is closed so all the missionaries are spread out over the whole MTC. We watched via satellite. When the hymn started, you could hear 2500 missionaries echoing throughout campus. The line "He lives! He lives who once was dead boomed" I loved it gotta go 20 seconds
I love You Guys. Thanks for writing!
No comments:
Post a Comment